Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

i wonder...

...is there a female equivalent of "bros before hos?"

i came up with "chicks before dicks," but that's a bit too crude for me.

i'm heading out to go MO on early Sat. morning and my girl is supposed to come with me. it's wed. and she's only called me once about the trip...and that was at work for 5 min. she promised to call me back last night, but didn't. when i called her, i got her voicemail. under normal circumstances, i wouldn't care. however, when embarking on a 2000 mi. trip, you sort of want to make sure that we're in sync.

what makes it particular irritating is that she's blowing me off, days before we head out, on account of some damn man. now, i can appreciate the honeymoon period of a relationship, i really can. however, she's been hanging on his nuts for a solid 3 or 4 months. enough. they spend every waking hour together and i'm happy for her, but knowing she's with him all of the time only makes her silence more frustrating. i would be way more understanding if they never got to see each other and she's gonna be gone for a week and they want to spend as much time together as possible. such is not the case.

then i wonder, would i care so much if i liked him more? i certainly like the effect he's had on her. i don't think i've ever heard her laugh so much. so, that's definitely a plus. the problem is that he's gotten to treating me like a little sister, which sounds good on the surface. unfortunately, he doesn't know me well enough to know when to stop. so everytime i go to Boston to see her, not only is he always there, but he just harasses me. if i protest, he only ups the harassment, because "he's getting to me." it gets really old really quickly.

i recognize and own the fact that part of my irritation, at this point, is partially because i'm not too fond of him and she keeps blowing me off for someone who works my nerves. i'm mostly just pissed that she's being so flaky.

i'd like to think that i'm a pretty easy going person. however, when it comes to important things, i get ultra focused and i'm not into playing around; shit needs to get done efficiently and effectively. right now, i have to mentally prepare to drive for 20 hours straight and i need everything in its place and set; it's the only way i'll be able to get enough sleep to do it. if i'm super stressed about some bullshit, it throws me all off. lack of focus at the 16th hour of the trip is not what i need. not to mention that starting out a week long road trip pissed off at your co-pilot will prove for a very tense and excruciating trip.

i understand that since i'm a goofball most of the time people aren't accustomed to my game face. it's a definite break in my normal personality, but at some point i have to stop dicking around and concentrate.

chicks before dicks, it's a bit lewd, but it's all i've got right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home