Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Monday, March 14, 2005

i'm really strange

i've accepted that i'm a strange girl. i've been strange forever. i think part of me feels like it weeds the chumps out. if you can't deal with my weirdness then we can't be friends. i'd like to think it's part of my charm. i'm pretty fucking random and my mind can go on the trippiest tangents...but this is who i am. what can i say? i'm quite peculiar...and i wouldn't want me any other way.

all of that being said, i have the most bizarre visions. not visions in a John Edwards sort of way, but when your imagination gets away from you. i'll imagine something and think, "man! that'd be really fucked up if that really happened." in the past two days, i've had some ants in my apt. i think b/c it was warm for awhile and then it got bitterly cold, so they needed a place to go. i don't know. it doesn't matter. what matters is that i bought some of those ants things where they take the posion back to the colony and it wipes them out. honestly, i felt sort of bad about doing it, but i also don't like ants. so, i came home from work today and saw all of these little ant corpses on my floor and really sort of felt sorry for them. i went to my cabinet and opened it to get a glass and i imagined this giant mother ant lying in wait for me; intent on revenge for her fallen children. i stopped for a second and thought, "man. that'd be fucked up. i watch entirely too many horror movies."

it also reminds me of this time in high school. i got into this car accident b/c i hit a slick spot under the bridge where I-70 and 63 meet. i hit the guardrail and ricochet off into this grassy area next to the onramp. in the process my airbag popped out (not before i hit my head on the windshield, however). now, i've never smelled a deployed airbag before and it smelled like burning. so...because i love action films and have seen a fucking lot of them...naturally i thought my car was going to explode. so, at 1am i'm in 10 degree weather with no shirt (i let my brother borrow it) and only a jacket on, i jump out of my moving car into the snow and cover my head and wait for the inevitable... except that it doesn't happen. my car's just sitting there with the drivers' door wide open in the grass, running with the lights on.

it's things like that that makes me...an original. for better or worse, you're certainly never going to find another me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home