Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Sunday, November 20, 2005

rolling out of bed

last night i actually fell out of bed. now, i'm a not a wild sleeper, although i have been known to wake up upside down or halfway hanging off of the bed, but that was back in jr. high. admittedly, when i got my new bed last year, there were definitely nights where i had to...uh, learn the boundaries of my bed with almost disastrous results, but i've never actually plunged from great heights.

last night, i was my brother's futon, and the way it pulls out is that the back folds down, but there's no centering shift made. so the whole thing is a bit off center. at any given moment, you could lean a bit to the front of the futon and the whole back comes up and tips over. i think it's also important to point out that i had a very slippery cover. it's one of those comforters that is more for show than function, but it was the only thing i could find.

so, there i am at 3am this morning and i found myself on the floor. the funny thing is that since the futon merely tips, there's no abrupt motion. so, i leaned a bit too far forward and the futon gently lowered me to the floor and i just rolled right off. i woke up for a second, vaguely realizing what just happened, laughed to myself, crawled back up and went back to sleep. the suck part is that for the rest of the night, i kept waking up with a start thinking i'd moved too far over again.

i just think it's funny that i actually rolled out of bed. who does that? apparently, i do.


if only it was part of a large Pee Wee's Playhouse style morning regimen. the alarm would go off and the futon would tip and roll me out of bed onto a conveyer belt that would run me past my sock machine that puts my socks on and then on to my shoe machine. once my socks and shoes were on, the belt would have a spring in it that would stand me up in front of my bathroom mirror, where four arms would come out and simultaneously brush my hair, curl it, brush my teeth, and wash my face.

that would be really cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home