Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Saturday, April 29, 2006

valley "men," such as they are

my BFF, Va, sent me an email this morning about my previous blog. seeing as how she's lived here, she's painfully aware of what it means to date in a place like this, with "men" like this. i couldn't have said it better myself:

"All these so-called men are more girly than I am. And there is nothing sexy about feeling you're the man in the relationship. Unless there are issues. What women need is someone who knows intellectually that we're his equals, but still feels physically superior. Valley men aren't like that. Valley men feel intellectually superior and physically inferior, and they're only right about half of it. Valley men are like the dogs that roll over and pee as soon as they see you, so that you won't consider them a threat. To continue the analogy (such as it is), if we want guys to roll over, we don't want pee anywhere. And we don't always want guys to roll over. Sometimes we'd like a nice co-existing labrador, or even a vaguely protective german shepherd that keeps us safe from the world but loves us and wants its tummy rubbed."

exactly. i'm more of a german shepherd girl myself...of the non-bestiality variety, you sickos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home