Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

wow.

"Date safer, date smarter. We screen for marrieds and felons. Find love now."

wow. that's good of them.


it reminds me of this project i'm working on. for the cover i've been collecting the "xtreme" dating section of the Valley Advocate and-- let me tell you-- there are some fucked up people out there. my favorite are the bondage ads. hey, i'm not knocking the hustle, i can get down with a little handcuff action myself and dig a nice slap on the ass. what i find scary is actively seeking strangers to tie you and be tied by you in unfamiliar locations. if, in the course of your relationship, you discover that you both are into the tie-me-up-tie-me-down bit, i'm all for it. however, answering anonymous ads that call for you to go to someone's house with the expressed purpose of resigning control of your freedom and mobility sort of worries me. that's how carpet wrapped bodies found in the local dump happen.

but what do i know? maybe seeing if you make it out alive is part of the thrill.

maybe i'm totally paranoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home