Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Monday, April 25, 2005

boredom reigns supreme

yea, just what i said.

i was talking to a friend of mine today and was amazed at how bored i was. i realize that i'm perpetually bored in general. i accept responsibility for that. i should get my ass in gear to be more engaged or something. however, i'm fairly comfortable with a certain degree of boredom. today, though...oh, jesus. i was telling her how i was in the middle of a conversation with this guy and was not only bored with him and the conversation, but found myself bored with my own sentence. it was really fascinating. i probably would've been more interested in talking to shadow puppets or my grandmother.

i'm going home in two days and my head has already left this place behind. there are only three people who can actively hold my attention. one i love, one i adore, and one...well, i'm undecided, but he certainly amuses me. everyone else...good fucking luck. the bad thing is that i'm only moderately invested in this place on a good day. today, there was just no hope.

the only thing i find more interesting than literally being bored with the words coming out of my own mouth is when i fall asleep in the middle of a sentence. ever since i was a baby, my dad has always put me to sleep to classical music. now, it's this automatic Pavlovian response. my dad and i will be taking a roadtrip and he likes to listen to classical music when he drives. invariably, we'll be talking and the next thing i know it's three hours later.

come to think of it, maybe he does it to shut me up. i would get mad, but those naps are so damn refreshing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home