Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

H&R Bastards

"Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman."

fucking bastards. i think the initial shock has worn off and now i've moved into seething, burning rage.

i had an appointment with H&R Block today. i normally do my own taxes, but there's some sort of rent thing you can deduct and get more money back up here. i didn't know what it was or how to do it and neither did anyone i know. so, i figured, i'll go to H&R, pay them to do it for me this one time, see how it was done, and then file it for myself next time. the appointment was for 10am. i got there at 9:45am. anyone who knows me knows that that is not a common occurrance, but i figured that it was important. so, i went to the bank and withdrew $100 (b/c there was no way they were going to take their fee out of my return and then give me a check...ie. a loan...and get me caught up like that). i figured that it's better for everyone to just pay them today and be done with it. so, there i was, 10am, W-2 in hand, $100 in pocket, ready to go.

the woman called me over. i sat down and we got to filing. it took all of 15min. i'm not a complicated girl. she even used the EZ form. so, i'm all done and signing shit and then it happens. the fee. now, i knew it was H&R Block, so i was expecting pay a fairly hefty fee. however, the fee for this woman to EZ file my taxes that took all of 15 min was...(drumroll) $90. Je-sus Cristos! $90? i was prepared for $45...even $50....i was not prepared for $90. what a fucking scam. i think the only people who make more money in such a short amount of time are moguls and drug dealers. i didn't even get that much more back through them. fuckers. $90! as soon as she said it, i thought to myself, "bitch, did you see my annual income? does it look like i can afford $90?" wow. i think for about three hours all i could do was incredulously repeat "$90." then it turned into this Better Off Dead voice that kept yelling, "I want my $45 dollars. $45 doooollllllllaaaarrrrssss!!" Man! i was going to spend the remaining $45 on liquor. shit, so they sent me home broke and sober. bastards.

fucking H&R Block. what a rip off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home