Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Sunday, May 07, 2006

back to basics

i came home from work today and i feel like the living dead. it's amazing what your body can do. i managed to pull a full shift off of two hours of sleep and a hour and a half drive. there were a few times where i actually started to teeter like i was going to pass out. anyway, i made it and managed to maintain a fairly coherent conversation with my mom.

i've been going out of town a lot, so i haven't been cooking much, which means, i don't have much in the way of groceries. i just ran out of my beloved milk this morning. i get home from work and my ribs are touching. i'm used to making up a meal and i forgot about oldie, but goody dinners.

never underestimated the deliciousness of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. yum, with some pineapple orange juice. sometimes i forget that things like tuna sandwiches and ramen exist.

silly girl.

these things are good, too, because i've been on the fucking move, as of late. this morning i bounced out of The Bean at 8am. i only slept for 2 hours, but my girl was getting her snoring activity on and there was no reason for me to just lay there and be mad. so, i got my ass up and headed out. i was talking to Nisey and she said, when she woke up, she was tiptoeing around about to make me breakfast until she saw my note. she said, "you woke up and hit the ground running." i've been like that for the last month or so. i'm looking forward to the day i can go visit her and leisurely wake up and chill the fuck out for the day. however, until the wedding, i'm just hemmed.

i said that to say this: those dishes are good to remember when i'm too tired to saute and dice up garlic.

now, it's time to take my deliriously tired ass to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home