Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Monday, June 27, 2005

really? enough!

so, the neverending saga of the dude upstairs.

what the fuck am i supposed to do with that? i know he likes me. he's made it abundantly clear. he, however, was a little too shady, a little too early for me to seriously entertain the thought of a relationship with this man. he's fine, i'll give him that, but i also don't think he likes me as much as he says. i think, being a fine, tall black man in the land of plentiful white, college women, he's sort of used to having any girl he wants. i think, at this point, it's less about me, as a person, and more about me as an unattainable object. i understand that, certainly. my oldest brothers' friend is like that. he's liked me since i was 12, but he just can't have me...well, back when he was single. even he was smart enough to let it go. this guy upstairs, man, it's ridiculous. i appreciate the attention, it's definitely flattering, but dude, let it go. the last time i was alone with him he took me to dinner. after dinner, he dropped me off and tried to kiss me. i dodged, not one, not two, but four attempts at a kiss.

a couple of weeks ago, he gave me his phone number again. i don't know why he'd think that i'd call him now. i've been out of town a lot this past month and today he was helping me bring in my groceries and mentioned that i hadn't called him. seriously, i think i just need to get a boyfriend. there's this guy that's a possibility, but i haven't known him very long, but at this point, i'm not sure that even matters. i hate lying to people, but i'm getting to the point that i'm just going to tell dude i have a boyfriend. get this mutherfucker off my damn back. ugh.

what can i say, i'm picky. you can't come at me sideways. there's no future in your frontin', because i'm smarter than that. i know i'm not all that and a bag of chips, but i have standards and i refuse to compromise. plus, the last guy i dated seemed to be a nice, genuine guy and that bastard turned out to be a world-class asshole and the fucker is still causing me problems. so, fuck that shit. i'm not letting anyone close without a fucking trial by fire. besides, dude is hitting sleazy-man status and that's never a good look.

punks jump up to get beat down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home