Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Sunday, July 03, 2005

sort of like christmas

i went to bed at 4:30am. my girls and i are having a BBQ in New Haven today and i'm so excited. there are a few reason for this, but the main one is that i get to hang out with all my girls. we always have such a good time. i'm such a shameless fan of my friends. not that everyone doesn't like their friends, but they are really an exceptional group of women. i am so honored to have them in my life.

i was up baking and cooking until 2:30am or so, then did a little laundry. i know i'm crazy. i made cake and tried to work out my moms' potato salad. i'm certainly not the best cook, but the recipe makes so much, that i never get a chance to make it. i mean, what the fuck am i going to do with a big ass pot of potato salad? so, that was cool. making the cake was fun because i got to use my sifter and wear my apron. it's little things like that that get me going.

anyway, so i went to bed damn near 5am and my eyes just popped open at 9:10am. i heard something, but generally i'd be so tired i'd just fall back to sleep. nope. i'm fucking up. of course, my head is swimming with all of the things i want to do. i just want this to be good. a friend of mine is coming with me and he's meeting everybody, so i really want him to have a good time, as well. i'm still working on getting my brother down, so that would suck a little if he didn't come.

dancing. eating. laughing. drinking. my girls. i think it actually is christmas in july.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home