Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sarah McLoser

[This is a brief guest blog]

So, I'm at the gym tonight and I remember that earlier today, I'd p2purchased the latest Sarah McLachlan CD, Afterglow, and put it on my iPod. I start it up, and instantly, I'm bored. I mean, Jesus Christ. It's almost like, instead of shuffling through the songs, the iPod is looping the same boring, granola-infused drip-hop acoustic garbage over and over again, interminably.

And the songs aren't even interesting. I've often listened to artists who sound boring and droning, but who say things that are interesting enough to warrant paying attention. Fuck it, that's all emo is. But Sarah's dull, pablum-rich inspirational tunes are like listening to a "Hang in There!" poster repeated 10 times. I wanted to pour the idea of Sarah McLachlan into an ice tray, put it in the freezer, and then pop it out three hours later and kick it into a wall. Christ almighty.

So, thank God for p2p networks, and fuck you RIAA. This isn't the 50s, and listening to Afterglow reminds me of why we live together before marriage now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home