Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What Hotmail should've sent

Hello everybody!

Hotmail is finally working! I tried to send some lame ass message through Yahoo. An account that I almost had forgotten about and had almost no one's number in.

--Seriously, this guy sitting next to me is clearing my sinuses with his cologne. For those who know, it's sort of like snuggling with Gary. For those who didn't get that last bit, consider yourself nasally lucky.--

Anyway, so it works out well, the email is just in the lobby of our hotel. Yea me! Everything is really fun. This place is rather overwhelming. Today was a holiday, so it wasn't so bad, but yesterday, was ridiculous. The streets are always so crowded with vendors, beggars, harassers, and armed police. We're stay about a 3 min walk from the royal palace, so this place is well guarded. Although, this region doesn't seem to be very dangerous...outside of normal city dangers and the lack of rules and lanes on the road. The good news is that the Maoists need tourists to rob, so they don't want to do anything too bad to us. Plus, the Maoists seem to be in the far west of Nepal and in remote areas in the mountains. Neither place we're going. So, for all that were worried, rest your pretty little heads.

Today was Holi day. It's a holiday of colors to celebrate spring. Kids run around with water balloons and different colored powders to throw on people. They go after tourists the most and dad and I were no different. Actually, it was really fun. We taunted the kids that missed and let little kids rub colored stuff all over our face. We went down to Durbar Square to see lots of temples. That was the worst of it. The roads were so narrow and the buildings so hgh, most of the time you couldn't even see where the balloons were coming from. Dad said that I looked like an undercover Navy Seal or something. My face was so covered you couldn't tell my natural skin tone. Dad was in pretty bad shape, too. If I was a Navy Seal, then his code name is "Red Panda."

We got back to the hotel and I took a long shower. It all hasn't come off, yet. I look like an infant with a heat rash splashed on my face. As we were leaving Durbar Square, this troupe of tourists was walking and I pointed up at some kids and told them to be careful. One lady wasn't paying attention and looked up to me standing right in front of her. Her eyes got really big and she let out a little yelp. I started laughing and she apologized. Then I saw myself in a mirror and totally sympathized with her. It was actually really funny. The best part is that there is all of this playing in the streets and since it's a holiday, most of the shops are closed and the streets aren't nearly as congested as they usually are. When I got out of my shower, I cleaned my ears and the end of the Q-Tip was purples. Classy. Hey Boys! Oh, yea, dyed nails and splotchy face? I'm is gonna get me a man!

Tomorrow we head out to Chitwan Royal National Park. We'll be gone until Fri night, so I won't be able to write until then. There was something else. What was it? Oh, we saw an adorned elephant on the streets. That was cool. There's a little calf that hangs out on the street below us. Oh, I remember what it was. I'm glad I didn't drop my $900 on a digital camera. The place you catch the mountain flights is out of Pokhara. It's about 200 mi. from Kathmandu. There's just no logistical way to work it out. We just don't have the time. I'm sort of disappoined by that. No, that's a lie, I was pretty bumbed it...until I caught myself beiing a brat and recognized that I was in Kathamandu about to go on a jungle safari. I think if there was ever a time to keep shit in perspective, it's now. I would've liked to have gotten some aerial shots, but se va. This trip already has been more than enough.

Alright, I'm off to relax and maybe catch some lunch. I'll wrte when I can. All of this walking and dodging of miscreants has gotten me all tuckered out.

Hey guys, I saw an elephant walking the streets today. That's so cool!

love,me

P.S. Sorry if my spelling sucks or I leave out words. The screen is pretty blurry and hard to read...and my spelling sucks.

P.P.S. If I hear another thing about Ukraine, I might scream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home