Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Saturday, February 17, 2007

auntie april

i'm liking this gig more and more. i'm not ready for kids myself, but i still get to shop for them, make them happy, and get an idea of what's in store for me. it's a good look.

i was in Target today and, on a whim, found myself picking out baby clothes for my sister's baby shower and singing "Baby Love" by Diana Ross and the Supremes. i ended up with over $50 worth of clothes. it was adorable. if i did that on a whim, imagine what i'll intentionally do. one thing is for sure, this little girl is going to want for nothing with this family. we're crazy and trying and you may need to take us in doses, but when you're in it, there's a lot of love surrounding you.

i'm getting really excited. i'm also excited because my other niece is turning 5 in a few weeks, and it's so much fun shopping for her. we had some really great moments together at Schroon this past nov.; my favorite was stargazing. i was sitting in a chair, with her on my lap, and a blanket snuggling us in as we looked up, on a pitch black night, at perfectly lit stars in the middle of the Adirondacks. the best was her doing her not so quiet whisper pointing out stars. she loved it. once i got home, i promptly sent her my solar system mobile. i'm not sure what i'm going to get her this time, but i want it to be good.

i'm going to try to make it to IL for Emily's birthday party. it's the same weekend as Zaina's baby shower, so i should be able to do one on Sat. and the other on Sun. it's going to be so cool seeing everyone in my family, save for Aasim, Olga, Sloan, and Larry in the same weekend.

i've got a good family. sometimes they hurt my feelings and piss me the hell off, but i wouldn't trade 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home