Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

bad form

my brother, Atief, is my grounding force. without him, i'd be floating aimlessly in space losing my goddamn mind, humming David Bowie, sucking on the stems of flowers trying to taste God. i love him more than anyone in this world and i trust him above all others. he'll let me know when i'm making sense and when i'm about to buy a one-way ticket on the Chumpville Express.

he called me today and i told him about this guy and his cold response to my invitation. i told him partially to make sure i wasn't over reacting. once i got home today i started having the worse cramps and so i wanted to make sure i wasn't being overly sensitive. he told me no and that the only thing that could excuse his behavior is if he was borderline autistic and couldn't pickup on social clues. he told me, "the next time you talk to him, make up some 8 digit number and ask him if it's prime. if he responds quickly then maybe you can cut him some slack." i told him that i wished...had i not been so stunned...that as soon as the guy blew me off that i just looked at him and said, "bad form, man. bad form." Atief suggested i simply mouth the word "wow" because it "causes instant self-evaluation."

i don't care when your last girlfriend was and what happened in the breakup. when a girl-- who comes to talk to you and who you openly admit to having a good time with-- shows interest in you and invites you to a concert, you don't dismissively reject her and then make a joke about her having fun going to the concert alone.

as Atief so eloquently put it, "it's 4 standard deviations from the norm," and, quite frankly, bad form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home