Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jillian and the light switch

i've been doing Jillian Micheal's "30 Day Shred" DVD with a friend for about 1.5 months. i dread every second of it, even thought it's getting easier. she does a shit ton of planks and you wanna know what the last thing a chubby girl wants to do? hold up all of her mass on her feeble, grossly under-worked arms. even still, i do it. we shred. it's actually pretty awesome. the best thing that's come out of it, aside from the realization this morning that the only place i've lost weight is in my knees...the least fleshy part of my body, which is not a great accomplishment, just funny because it's so random. no, the best thing out of this experience is the ability to slowly turn off the wall switch with my foot, while fully loaded down with dishes.

two things are significant about this:

1) i'm insanely clumsy as if evident by the number of single dishes that were once sets in my cabinets and the stains on my clothes. i once spilled coffee on myself a work so comprehensively that i had to go down to Old Navy and buy a whole new outfit.

2) it also means my core is getting stronger and making me steadier which will, in the long run, make weight loss easier because i can move my flabby body better.


hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home