Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Monday, January 14, 2008

strangeness.

i have a lot of hair. it's long. it's thick. it's everywhere. i have naturally curly hair, so by day three of neglecting it it's become this poofy, awesomely wild mess. i love it! except for when it scares me. i once jumped because i thought someone was standing too close to me until i realized that it was just my own hair in my peripheral vision. the problem is that things tend to get lost in it...especially around day 4 of not combing it. the curls start to lock and accidentally turn into secure holding areas for writing utensils. the pens are so solidly nestled, that they don't fall out when i turn my head or anything. so, it's not uncommon for me to be in the shower, combing out my hair, and have pens or hair ties or something fall out. when you have that much hair, you can't feel anything. hell, even my fingers have to fight to actually touch scalp.

what happened tonight was embarrassing mostly because my hair is straight. i blew it dry the other day and have combed and cared for it since. so, there's really no way for things to get stuck and, if they do, for me not to feel it. anyway, i'm on the phone with my dad tonight and i'm playing with my hair as we talk. i'm stroking the top of my head and feel a lump. i immediately revisit the spot and locate the protruding object. i pull it out and couldn't help but laugh. i found a fucking earring in my hair. i don't know how it got there. it was this little jeweled cross stud that i was wearing earlier. the thing is that i took it out of my ear. i simply have no idea how it made it's way from my ear, to the table, to the top of my head.

it's a mystery.

i'm waiting for the day i find a golden ticket or a midget in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home