Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

preach, Marv

Marv: That's the thing with dames, sometimes all they gotta do is let it out and a few buckets later there's no way you'd know.

so, i talked to my ex and we worked most of it out. he fucked up. he knows. what more is there to say?

it was funny though, because i spent a good portion of our conversation crying and the other portion of it yelling at him. once i got it all out, i felt so much better.

then i made a first cousin to Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde call to him. i was all calm and joking and shit. it all stemmed from my mom. i was talking to her only vaguely about the situation. i told her my ex was going to handle it. i told her that if this person didn't keep my name out of her mouth that i was going to punch her in the face. my moms' response was, "my little bundle of violence." that made me laugh...a lot. i'm really not a violent person, but sometimes mutherfuckers just push you too far. anyway, i thought it was funny and called to tell him what my mom had said.

he knows what he's done. he knows what he's cost me. he knows he has a long, windy, dark, pot-holed road ahead of him back to me. he also knows, fundamentally, that i care about him and we worked far too hard to get to where we are to let some shit like this break us down.

maybe tonight i'll get some goddamn sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home