Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

no harm no foul

i'm listening to NPR, as is my morning routine, and the state of MA is considering changing the state constitution to explicitly ban gay marriages, but allow civil unions. some of the previous proponents of the initiative are backing out because they've simply changed their minds, but most are holding out for a proposal to ban both gay marriages and civil unions.

that's ridiculous.

i'm not sure if it's my private nature or my largely Libertarian ideology governing me, but who care? more importantly, it's no one's business. i think the thing that drives me the craziest about the debate on gay marriage is what makes heterosexual marriages so good? nothing. it's still two people establishing a legal, cohabitational relationship. you can't really push the procreation angle, seeing as how some hetero couples either can't or don't want kids. they're still considered married. my aunt has two cats, a garden, and fruit trees. she and my uncle have been married since the early 80's. she can have kids, she just never wanted them. no one begrudges them that. no one gives them static.

i have to run. more on this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home