Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

remy

she's not an amazing rapper, but she does have a cool flow. it's not that she's good so much as she's hilarious... and she's real gritty. it's been a long time since a female rapper made me laugh out loud. the first time i heard her was with Fat Joe (she's part of the Terror Squad clique) in "Lean Back." she had the line:

Said he liked my necklace/
Started relaxing/
Now that's what the fuck i call/
A chain reaction.

i actually think that line comes from somewhere else, but the way she delivered it was dope. what sealed her in my head was the night i was driving back from NYC and heard he wildin' out on Hot 97. the best part of it was when she kept saying that she knew she had a tight flow and the she was "dead nice." she was going off, talking about how Fat Joe wasn't supporting her or helping her promote her album like the dudes on the label and shit. she was blowin' spots up. saying that Fat Joe and them always talking about being hard, killing people and shit, but never went after the guy who raped and beat her up. she was killin' em. she was so unapologetic, but you could tell that she wasn't mad, she was hurt. she just felt dissed and she was real raw...and on the mic. it was so intense and she wasn't playing around.

so, last night i was out and i heard her new song on the radio called "I'm Conceited." by far the best line was:

Now who's that peaking in my window/
Nobody cus I live in a penthouse.

and the chorus is:

See I look to good to be fuckin you/
And I look to good to be loving you/
You know I look way to good to stuck with you/
I'm conceited I got a reason.

i can just see a summer of busted girls reppin' that song. true, i'll be bumpin' it, but ironically. plus the beat is crazy. it just makes you feel like the shit. it's the kinda beat that makes you want to "move your body like a snake"...yea, i had to...but you have to wind or something. you can't really do a two step to this. even if that's not how you are, the song is so bold, you sing along like you'd actually say it in the course of a regular conversation.

i downloaded this short 1:12 min. song that has this line that made me bust out laughing. it's called "Remy's theme" and the line goes:

If your girl get outta line/
Guarantee i'mma smack'er/
Straighten that ass out quick/
Like a fucking relaxer.

that's some funny shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home