Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Friday, September 30, 2005

bend to Harry

i'm such a dork...as Andrea likes to call me...because i can't stop reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. when i left to go home, i was halfway through the fifth book. a week, a wedding, a concert, and multiple visits later, i'm on page 515 of the 6th book. it's crazy. i'd wake up in the middle of the night, as i am wont to do, and start reading. it'd be, like, 3am and there i am bundled up in my comforter, crouched under the light, reading.

it's not the reading that's strange, it's the fervor. it's the copious amount of reading in a relatively small amount of time. i've mainly only been reading on my flight to and from and either early in the morning before anyone wakes up or right before bed.

then, to make matters worse, i start referencing Harry like some sort of inside joke. i was on the phone with Andrea last night and she said something to which i wanted to respond with a clever comment about Slughorn or Occlumency or something. i know! i'm such a dork. it'd be more appropriate if i were, i don't know, 15 or something. i'm 28. yea. what am i gonna do. finish reading that bastard during my lunch break, that's what.

on other news: if you listen to no other song today, you have to listen to Death Cab for Cutie's Bend To Squares.

that may very well be my favorite song right now. i don't really know why, either. it just resonates with me.


time to prepare myself for a most hellacious day at work. the next week is not going to be a good look for me; work and sleep, mostly. Harry, of course and eating, if i remember.

good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home