Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Saturday, September 17, 2005

nothing but the truth

the people closest to me always tell me the truth. the nice thing is that once you establish a very open and accepting relationship you don't need to lie, so you don't have very many problems.

Andrea's number one. that girl knows me better than my dad. anyone who knows me knows what the means. she and i tell each other everything. no, that's not true. she and i are very open toward each other. so even if there's something i don't want to talk about, i just tell her and we don't talk about it. she's one of the few who have ever seen me cry. she knows all of my insecurities and all of my hang-ups. she knows my worst secrets. we call each other out all of the time. there are times when i'll call and she's just being so fucking ornery. once i realize that she's surly girl, i'll say, "what's going on with you? feeling a little ornery today." invariably, she'll laugh and say yes.

the only way to self-actualization is to recognize, accept, and work around your limitations. the best friendships function in the same vein.

so, when Denise calls me on my birthday to tell me that she hasn't left the house because she can't stop watching A Walk To Remember, i don't get mad. in fact, i laughed. i know the movie, and it's one of my guilty pleasure movies. more than that, i know Nisey. she loves those sappy movies. i think she may have been crying a little when she called. i'm not sure.

it's just dope when a relationship is cool enough to make that kind of call and you know there will be no static.

truth be told, i was pulling back the covers to my bed when she called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home