Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Sunday, October 23, 2005

my mother

my mother is a very cool woman. at first, she, like me, can be hard to get to know, but once you do, she's very easy to figure out. she never ceases to amaze me.

i was talking to her last night and i was telling her about this band i've been listening to a lot called Stars. as i'm saying it she says,"Oh! Stars, i know them. i really like their music." how is it that my mother knows more about them than i do? it's like the day she told me that she really liked Radiohead. come to think of it, i think she went to see them in concert. i don't know, i may have just made that up, but i don't think so.


the best thing about mom and music is that it's never that sort of, "so this is what you kids are listening to today" way. she actually likes them. she's the one who gave me my first Death Cab For Cutie albums. she also bought me Postal Service and Frou Frou for my birthday last year. it's so crazy, i mean, she likes Bjork. whose mother likes Bjork? that is what makes her so damn cool.

i was reading this magazine the other day and it said that Stars and Death Cab were in town at Pearl Street the day or two before. i told her this and figured it had to have been cancelled, because i hadn't heard a thing about it. she said, "What? They were in town and you didn't see them? You're not my daughter." it's funny to freak out about a group to your mom and have her not only understand, but, generally, freak out more than you.

the best is when she gets crushes on band members. my mom is a very adorable woman, but few things are cuter than her groupie screams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home