Recognize I'm A Fool And You Love Me

Saturday, October 15, 2005

sick

i've been sick for the past few days. i'm not intensely sick, but i'm a "general crappiness" sick. i took off of work yesterday so i'd have three days to just sleep and relax. the worst thing about living alone is that there's on one to take care of you. back at home, i'd have my dad pick me up medicine or food or something. now, i have to drag my achy ass out of bed and do it all myself. it's fucking lame.

my dad's always been on my case about taking a multi-vitamin. i've never gotten into it. i don't generally eat well, so i could do with one, but they're fucking nasty, horse pills. fuck that. so, yesterday i was thinking again about vitamins and decided to take it back to old school, eatin' soul food. Flinstone's Vitamins...ya damn right. they're chewable and come in different shapes and flavors. just because i'm older doesn't mean every part of my life has to be bitter and hard to swallow. it has all of the things i need and is tasty. yea, me.

since i was already in the 5 year old mode, i decided to keep it going. i braided two big retardo braids in my hair so i didn't have to fuss with it in between napping. then, i went over to a friend of mine's house and borrowed a shit load of Looney Tunes. Looney Tunes Ultimate Collection volumes 1 and 2. Sah-Weet! i rearranged my room so that the TV in my room is right next to the bed and have been watch, laughing, and nodding off to animated shenanigans all day. it's amazing how the comedy in them holds up to time. i've come to realize that my favorite ones are with Bugs Bunny and operas. by far, the best one is where he's conducting the opera guy and has him hit this high note and makes him hold it until the guy is banging on the floor, turning blue, purple, and polka dots, and the ceiling falls in on him. then the guy emerges from the rubble, Bugs looks up and sees this boulder teetering on the edge of the beam and makes the guy hit the same note until the rock falls and nails him.

that's some funny shit. i'm not even stoned. oh man! how funny would that be? fucking Looney Tunes stoned. good times.

this is the first time in a long time i've enjoyed my sick days. i can't eat a lot of sweet things, because sugar lowers your immune system, but i've been fucking up some yogurt and orange juice. i've cooked myself breakfast and made dinner and everything. it's been raining like Seattle here, so i'm not missing anything. i'm just chillin' out at home, cooking, sleeping, reading and napping. that, my friend, is good living.

the best thing is that my girl is home all day, so i have company. few things are worse than when you're home sick and there's nothing on TV and no one to talk to. if you have someone to call, the worst show becomes highly entertaining.

tomorrow's going to be a sad day when the alarm goes off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home